EDUCATION FOR PROFESSIONALS
new courses available
view all our courses below
PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT OF THE FEMALE PELVIC FLOOR
3 WEEK ONLINE COURSE. STARTING WEDNESDAY 22ND FEBRUARY
This is a blended course of online learning and in person workshop. It will consist of three evenings of online webinars (2-2.5 hours) and one day of practical skills.
A breakdown of this course can be found on the booking page. To view click ‘Book Now’.
Following the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the theory of bladder function and dysfunction
- Identify relevant anatomy for internal vaginal exam
- Carry out pelvic floor assessment
- Carry out subjective assessment for bladder dysfunction
- Understand a range of treatment used in pelvic floor and bladder dysfunction
FEMALE PELVIC FLOOR REFRESHER COURSE
ONE DAY WORKSHOP, 9AM - 5PM
AT KILCOCK PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC
This class is specifically designed for those who have already completed their Level 1 Female Pelvic Floor course and are looking to refresh their knowledge as part of their continued professional development.
- Reminders of anatomy and physiology
- Subjective and objective assessment of urinary incontinence
- Find out how to recognise pelvic organ prolapse
- Explore the most common presentations in clinical practice
- Find out how to assess and treat with confidence
- Simple language
- I aim to show you skills from my tried and tested clinical practise – what has worked for me over the last almost 20years
- Brainstorming of case studies or tricky WH pts you’ve had so far
*Spring / early summer date to be determined (TBD), please express your interest and we will come back to you once dates have been arranged*
COURSE PRICE- €220.00
POST NATAL ESSENTIALS - PELVIC FLOOR AND PILATES ONLINE WORKSHOPS
LIFETIME ACCESS. ON DEMAND CONTENT
This workshop is suitable for those who are interested in working with women.
- Explore pelvic floor anatomy and physiology, in particular focusing on the effects of pregnancy and the post partum period
- To understand the effects of this major life event on the pelvis and body as a whole
- Teach you how to safely guide women through their return to exercise via our own tried and tested pilates methods.
- Create a group of ‘go to trainers’ for women post natally. Trainers who can support women to regain confidence and strength without causing undue pressure and strain on their recovering bodies.
The course material is evergreen – you have lifetime access and can go at your own pace. It is divided into two sections, theory lead by Leah Bryans and practical led by Eleanor Finn. Its a mix of PowerPoint presentations with voice over and videos of the suggested exercises. There is also an associated Facebook group where you can ask questions and give feedback as you work through the course.
INTRODUCTORY PRICE – €99.00